You might have come across some people who have such kind of behavior like doing repeated things like biting nails, plucking hair, facial grimacing, and shoulder shrugging. This act is called obsessive-compulsive disorder. It is a mental disorder in which obsession shows having repeated unwanted thoughts and compulsive shows having an urge of doing it again and again.
Sometimes you will find both obsession and compulsion in people. Such kind of behavior is normal but if these things are done on a repeated basis while having thoughts of something stressful is what leads to OCD. Even if the patient is aware of this he might feel powerless in stopping himself from such behavior. It may also lead to erectile dysfunction or impotence in men which can be treated with Cenforce 150 mg tablets.
What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
A mental issue in which a person has an urge of doing unwanted things regularly which is triggered by a pattern of unwanted ideas, expressions, and thoughts is called obsessive-compulsive disorder. Like a person is having a habit of washing their hands after he touches anything that he finds to be dirty. But when he is washing it ten times a day then it comes under OCD. Here are some of the points that show whether your certain habit is OCD or not.
- Beyond one’s control
- Is not enjoyable
- Interfere with every part of your life
- Takes the maximum time of your day
What are the symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Symptoms of OCD vary from person to person and on the severity of the patient’s case. Here are the two categories in which OCD symptoms are divided.
- Obsessive symptoms: Obsessive symptoms include such a kind of behavior that occurs due to a pattern of repeated thoughts and ideas. The patient is unable to control the unwanted thoughts. It occurs when there is difficulty in handling some situations, negative thoughts and aggressive thoughts towards someone, or being aware of bodily sensations like blinking and breathing.
- Compulsive symptoms: Compulsive symptoms are when a person cannot control himself and feels compelled to perform that OCD. Like excessive cleaning, regular checking of locks, and alarms, fear of going to a public toilet, shaking hands, compulsive counting, and several other things.
What Causes An Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Genetic disorder: When a certain OCD is running in the genes of the family. Even if your grandparents have some OCD then also you have a chance of having it.
- Environmental factor: Here environment includes the people around whom you are living because after watching someone doing the repeated thing you can also get into the habit of doing those certain things.
- Brain abnormality: OCD can occur due to some mental health issues like anxiety disorder, depression, and substance abuse. Some kind of old injury on the head can also lead to such a problem.
- Stressful lifestyle: When a person is living in a stressful routine especially when they do not get time for rest and themselves. In such situations, intrusive thoughts, rituals, and emotional distress gets triggered and this leads to OCD.
How Can Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Be Cured?
- Medication: Antidepressant medicines are the first-line medicine for OCD patients. Such patients also suffer from erectile dysfunction so Cenforce 100, 150, and 200 mg of Sildenafil can help them in getting cured.
- Aversion Therapy: This therapy is a kind of psychological treatment in which the patient is continuously subjected to discomforting things and is exposed to the stimulus.
- Emotional support: Emotional support is always provided by your near and dear ones which include your family members, and friends. Communicating with them can be helpful. Joining some support groups and residential treatment can be beneficial.
- Systematic desensitization: In this process, the patient is exposed to the things that they are afraid of to overcome that fear like anxiety disorder or phobia
- Relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques include yoga, meditation, and breathing techniques that work great in healing the symptoms of OCD. Although the impact is slow but is long-lasting.
If you talk about cures there is no perfect solution or cure for OCD. But if serious issues arise like troubled relationships, not attending school or work, poor quality of life, and suicidal thoughts then you can consult a good doctor and get advice otherwise and you can also opt for exercise, yoga, and meditation. Such things have been found to be helpful in curing OCD.